Distinguished in Excellence and Education Award
In 2018, TSHT wanted to create an award for a member that stands out amongst our organization whether it be from educating our members with lectures during TSHT conference or other hand therapy conferences, being a mentor to others in his/her area, or to organize continuing education courses for your own practice or hand therapy groups.
The Distinguished in Excellence and Education Award recognizes our members’ educational performances and their relationship with TSHT and the hand therapy community.
Within our group of hand therapy members, there are just some clinicians that exemplify when you think of “distinguished” and many of them work in all our surrounding areas.
- Must be a current TSHT member (for the past 3-5 years)
- Can be OT/PT/CHT/OTA/PTA
- Must not be past or current board member since they can be Shining Stars (but can be a committee member and an education coordinator)
- Must not be an MD or vendor
- Must not be a Nancy Geers’ or Shining Star Recipient
- TSHT Board nominates and votes for this award at the summer board meeting. The Board only will vote since committee members can be elected as recipients.
- This award will be presented by the Education Coordinator or the past recipient every other year (when Nancy Geers is not awarded).
First recipient of the Distinguished in Excellence and Education award:
- Sylvia Davila, PT, CHT. 2018
- MATTHEW WYMORE, OTD, OTR, CHT, COMT. 2020