Hand Therapists, either Occupational Therapists or Physical Therapists, have a very important role and place in the medical field. We help patients who have experienced significant injuries or diagnoses that could alter daily function and their lives by returning the use of their upper extremity. In order to continue the great work we do, we need to band together and form a voice.
Health care, reimbursement, policies and laws are ever changing and can affect how we practice. As part of the Austin outreach we want to:
· Inform you about current policies and laws
· Encourage cohesiveness towards common goals
· Provide you with information about national and state politicians/legislature
· Educate therapists on how they can get involved
· Give a sounding board for opinions and thoughts
· Organize a group to work with physical and occupational therapists to “stomp” the Capitol
We have collected information and are making this information available to you. We do our best to gather the information and provide it in a user friendly way. Policies and rulings change frequently. It is difficult to keep up to date. TSHT is not responsible for changes in healthcare rules or laws. If there is any error or update that you see as needed, please email Advocacy@tsht.org.
TSHT is not legally responsible for the materials in the site. We will publish the source on all topics and encourage the independent viewer to continue their own research in all areas of interest.